SMP MOTORSPORTS

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
SMP MOTORSPORTS

Enthusiast Car Forum

Navigation

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

Start the ball Empty

4 posters

Start the ball

SMP-VP
    SMP-VP

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Start the ball Empty Start the ball

Post  SMP-VP Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:00 pm

I know most of us have slept on the performance aspect of any Korean company having a car that could compete with the tuner cars of today. Lets remember we all felt the same way about the Dodge SRT4 at one point in time and the Chevy Cobalt SS and now most of us have been proven wrong about the tuning capability of both cars so lets just give this car a chance and see where it goes hopefully up because the tuner world needs a cheep rear wheel drive turbo charged car. DID HE JUST SAY TURBO! yes yes he did
    jesse
    jesse
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 299
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Start the ball Empty Re: Start the ball

Post  jesse Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:11 pm

It still sounds like a srt4, and uses up more gas then the Z. We dont need it over here.
    Supa Ninja
    Supa Ninja
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 267

Post  Supa Ninja Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:27 am

untill koreans learn how to manufacture a quality car i will steer clear of all of them.
    SMP-VP
    SMP-VP

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Start the ball Empty so close minded

Post  SMP-VP Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:51 am

we are so close minded when it comes to the situation and super i just showed you who makes the motor so the quality of work at least for the engine its up there with the best (partly made by mitsubishi)the 4g63 has proven time and time again that is a good motor and let not forget who help in the development of the first 4g (hate to say it but dodge) All I'm saying is we should give it a chance and Jesse you said the other day that you liked it except for the exhaust and yeah it uses up a lot of gas but most turbo cars do the EVO the WRX granted they do make more power though so I can understand your point but I say if one comes out we should give it a chance thats all.
    Supa Ninja
    Supa Ninja
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 267

Post  Supa Ninja Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:04 pm

Its just not for me, I spent a year in korea and saw first hand korean's standard for quality, no thank you.
    Huggy Bear
    Huggy Bear
    Mod
    Mod

Number of posts : 93
    Registration date : 2009-03-05

Post  Huggy Bear Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:03 pm

I had a Tiburon. While not my first choice of rides, it still did me good. I haven't tried the Genesis yet, I know first hand what the Tibby has. And if that is a base model of a growing company, than Hyundai is climbing. Sure there could be vast improvements, but when you make the jump from pratical-sport to Powerful-sport, you are gonna run into some snags. Aside from the obvious differences, if the Gen if anything like the tibby, it may be a formidable conquest with the right wrench and tuners doing the job. All I say is not to completely write it off.

www.rsportscars.com/eng/articles/hyundai-gene...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:27 am