SMP MOTORSPORTS

Enthusiast Car Forum

Navigation

November 2018

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gallery

If you have a intake, exhaust, headers, plenum spacer, and/or other mods. Should you get a reflash / tune?

jesse
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 299
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

If you have a intake, exhaust, headers, plenum spacer, and/or other mods. Should you get a reflash / tune?

Post  jesse on Sun Mar 08, 2009 2:35 pm

Most people *will* benefit from either a reflash or tuning, even if you are lightly modded. THE BEST OPTION IS TO FINISH ALL OF YOUR BOLT-ON MODS BEFORE GETTING TUNED!!

The best way to get a tune is to purchase an engine management system and take it to a reputable tuner. There are several options. The most popular option is the TurboXS UTEC. The UTEC seems to have the most powerful combination of features for the money. The Greddy Emanage Ultimate, for example, is another good option for air/fuel tuning, but it does not have good over timing. Your best bang for your buck when tuning is usually going to be a reflash, but reflashes do not have nearly the customizability as the UTEC.
    SMP-VP

Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2009-03-15

Re: If you have a intake, exhaust, headers, plenum spacer, and/or other mods. Should you get a reflash / tune?

Post  SMP-VP on Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:57 am

Jesse's right utec is the one of the best bang for your buck and Osiris is another one too which is where they do the same thing as utec but you can use up to three different maps that come on are stock ecu and its controlled through your steering wheel with the cruise control gauges. You say "but I don't have the cruise control for my car" its ok they have come up with a way to do it without using the steering wheel. The best way to get all the power your bolt-ons have to offer is to get a tune. Sorry Power isn't cheep even though I wish it was
    Supa Ninja
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 267
    Registration date : 2009-03-03

Re: If you have a intake, exhaust, headers, plenum spacer, and/or other mods. Should you get a reflash / tune?

Post  Supa Ninja on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:06 am

I hate you guys and your tuning solutions
    Ness

Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2009-03-06

Post  Ness on Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:12 am

what about technosquareE??

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:30 am